What Really Matters to e-Commerce Companies
A survey of Prolexic customers in the e-Commerce industry
The online retail industry is a prime target for DDoS attacks, especially during the Q4 holiday season. In an independent survey, Prolexic polled a statistically significant sample of its e-Commerce customers who ranked the importance of different aspects of distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection and mitigation solutions.
“The ineffectiveness of ISPs and CDNs to mitigate large DDoS attacks and higher costs were two of the reoccurring themes … Reliability, the ability to mitigate large attacks, and network-level protection were three key reasons why respondents chose a specialist DDoS mitigation provider.
In this report, you’ll learn:
- e-Commerce firms’ perceptions of their DDoS attack risk
- The top three must-have capabilities that Prolexic customers look for in a DDoS protection provider
- Why content delivery networks (CDNs) and Internet service providers (ISPs) were said to be the least effective DDoS protection services
- The respondents’ views of the relative importance of site availability, protection from non-DDoS attack vectors, site responsiveness, PCI compliance and more
- Types of e-Commerce companies represented in the survey results
- A sample of the survey
Prolexic’s global client base of e-Commerce businesses clearly believe that mitigation appliances, ISPs
and CDNs cannot fully protect them from DDoS attacks. Register to find out why and read specific customer comments in the industry report, DDoS Protection Services: What Really Matters to e-Commerce Companies.
Download the DDoS protection report:
* Required field