Data Analytics and DDoS Mitigation: Lessons Learned
Learn how Prolexic uncovers the DNA of an attack in near-real time
Extracting value from big data is a huge challenge. In the cyber-security industry, IT is driving the use of data analytics to gain real-time insight into the trends, behaviors and events that make up the dark world of DDoS attackers. Find out how Prolexic manages big data in real time in this white paper.
“Batch-oriented analytics systems, such as Hadoop, have too large of a latency requirement to support the real-time requirements of Prolexic’s high level cyber-attack mitigation timeframe. Prolexic’s DDoS mitigation infrastructure is constantly optimized to perform in real-time or near real-time, so it would never be acceptable to receive attack metrics 10 to 15 minutes after a network anomaly occurred.”
As a pure-play DDoS mitigation provider, our business is to fight DDoS attacks in real time, every hour of every day. In this white paper, you will learn:
- The three important questions to ask of your DDoS attack data
- The problem of false positives
- The latency challenges of batch-oriented analytics
- The gap between what automated mitigation systems can do and what DDoS attackers can do
- How Prolexic manages the big data associated with DDoS attacks
Download the DDoS protection planning white paper, Data Analytics and DDoS Mitigation: Lessons Learned.
Download the DDoS protection planning white paper.
* Required field