STANDARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
Prolexic Standards and Certification
Prolexic complies with the highest financial reporting and data security practices anywhere in the world to make it easy for our customers to select Prolexic for distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection services. Our certifications include:
- Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 16 Type 2 SOC 1 for service organizations, an internationally recognized third-party assurance audit that establishes service organization reporting standards. Type 2 SOC 2, formally known as Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, or Privacy.
- International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) 3402 examination, which is the equivalent to SSAE 16 in the European Union (EU).
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) level 1, a worldwide program designed to help protect consumers from fraud by regulating payment card data security.
SSAE 16 and ISAE 3402 Certifications
Prolexic has completed the following standards issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA):
- Type 2 SOC 1: This examination, commonly referred to as SSAE 16 (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements 16), was performed by BrightLine CPAs & Associates, Inc., an independent CPA firm, for the distributed denial of services attack mitigation services offered by Prolexic. The most recent exam covered the review period of August 1, 2012, to July 31, 2013.
- Type 2 SOC 2: This examination, formally known as a Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, or Privacy, was performed by BrightLine CPAs & Associates, Inc., an independent CPA firm. Prolexic was examined under the selected SOC 2 principles of security and confidentiality. Meeting this standard shows Prolexic is protected against unauthorized access, both physical and logical, and shows that the company protects confidential information as committed or agreed. The Type 2 SOC 2 covered the review period of August 1, 2012, to July 31, 2013.
- ISAE 3402: This examination, which is the international equivalent of SSAE 16, superseded the SAS 70 audit standard in mid-2011. It is the adopted version of the International Standards for Assurance Engagements (ISAE) No. 3402, Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organization, for use in the United States.
The SSAE (Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements) 16, which replaces the SAS 70, is an internationally recognized third-party assurance audit designed for service organizations and establishes service organization reporting standards. Prolexic simultaneously completed the ISAE 3402 examination, which is the equivalent examination in the European Union (EU).
“Completing these examinations makes it easier for global companies that must comply with these stringent standards to work with us, because the time and expense of auditing Prolexic can be avoided,” said Stuart Scholly, president at Prolexic.
Read Prolexic’s 2013 SSAE 16 press release.
PCI DSS Certification
Prolexic is the first DOS and DDoS attack mitigation provider to secure PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) level 1 certification.
PCI DSS is a worldwide program designed to help protect consumers from fraud by regulating payment card data security.
- The PCI DSS standard is the result of a collaborative effort by the major credit card brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB)
- It is designed to ensure that all merchants that process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure online environment.
In the last few years, Prolexic has observed an increase in the number of encrypted DDoS attacks against web properties. Typically, these attacks use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to start an application layer (Layer 7) attack. To monitor and mitigate these encrypted DDoS attacks effectively, Prolexic requires that a customer provide their data decrypting private keys.
“Achieving PCI DSS compliance makes it much easier for customers to deploy with us and leverage our unique capabilities to overcome encrypted attacks,” said Stuart Scholly, president of Prolexic. “With this certification, customers know instantly that our key management and security procedures are in compliance with their PCI DSS policy without the time and expense of auditing Prolexic.” While PCI DSS certification is not required because Prolexic does not store or process any credit card data, certification makes it much easier for a compliant organization to onboard with Prolexic. Critically, certification speeds deployment of remediation for compliant organizations during encrypted Layer 7 DDoS attacks. A copy of this certificate can be downloaded by clicking here.
Read the PCI DSS press release.
Fragrance and Beauty Products Retailer
A DDoS attack takes down this popular site for 24 hours. Prolexic restores in 5 minutes.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Leading Online Jewelry Retailer
A DDoS attack took down the site of a premier jewelry retailer for nearly three days.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Online Options Trading
Financial services firm avoids extortion attempt. Prolexic keeps web site up during vicious Layer 7 attack.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
When others couldn't mitigate the latest DDoS attack, a "daily deal" web site called Prolexic: problem solved in 2 hours.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
A Leading Content Rating Organization
A 9 million packets per second DDoS attack brings down web site before Prolexic steps in.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Spa and Wellness Firm
Prolexic quickly stops a combination Layer 4 and 7 DDoS attack after a host's mitigation capabilities falls short.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Prolexic mitigates GET flood in minutes for new client after Sunday night emergency call.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Web site building and hosting services firm
Prolexic mitigates Layer 4 UDP flood peaking at 6.2 Gbps. Protects 6 million Yolasites.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Online Movie Subscription Service
After seeing all traffic route to Prolexic, hackers pull the plug on DDoS attack.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
IPG Holdings Limited
Prolexic mitigates Layer 7 GET floods targeting payment processing platform.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Prolexic mitigates politically motivated attacks against web hosting company's clients.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Financial Services Firm Global eSolutions
Prolexic mitigates Layer 3, 4 and 7 attacks against Forex trading platform.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Krebs on Security
Prolexic fends off Pandora DNS amplification attacks for popular cyber security blog.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
e-Commerce Provider of Printed Promotion Items
Prolexic mitigates two-week Layer 7 DDoS attack campaign.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Global Blogging Site
Prolexic protects freedom of speech for 30 million users targeted by six-month political DDoS campaign.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Online Credit Card Site
Prolexic mitigates Layer 4 DDoS attacks against Ixaris site, EntroPay.com.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
e-Commerce Web Site
Prolexic mitigates 25-40 Gbps Layer 3 DDoS attacks against online auto parts retailer.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Timepieces e-Commerce Site
Prolexic keeps World of Watches ticking after DDoS attack flood site.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Prolexic mitigates 16-hour Layer 7 DDoS attack on software distribution site.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Henyep Capital Markets
Prolexic keeps Henyep accessible and trading through multiple SYN, GET and ICMP flood attacks.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Australia’s #1 Job Search Website
Prolexic keeps Seek.com.au online and incident-free for millions of job seekers.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
e-Commerce Hosting Provider for Top Tier Sites
Prolexic keeps Americaneagle.com and its customers generating revenueDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Popular Online Betting Site Doesn’t Gamble with DDoS
Prolexic ensures Betstar’s online services are reliable and incident freeDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Customer ROI requires online accessibility and reliability
Prolexic ensures Clickpoint! Media's online services are available and incident-freeDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
University Federal Credit Union
Prolexic's mitigation services now protect credit union with US$1.6 Billion in assetsDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Prolexic mitigates 70 Gbps SYN flood DDoS attack for popular ink retailerDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Arab National Bank
Builds strong DDoS defense to serve online banking customers and e-trade siteDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
OnCourse Systems for Education
Prolexic succeeded where two other mitigation firms failedDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Akamai & Prolexic
Web Security & Data center protection for the evolving threat landscapeLEARN MORE >>
Ovum: The DDoS threat to banking
Why banks need both DDoS attack absorption and scrubbing for DDoS mitigationLEARN MORE >>
Q1 2014 Global DDoS Attack Report
Malicious actors choose reflection, not infection for DDoS attacksLEARN MORE >>