The best customer portal for DDoS attack detection, monitoring and protection
Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks are on the rise – more than 7,000 DDoS attacks each day – making headlines, crippling websites, blocking revenues and damaging reputations. As a result, DDoS denial of service protection is critical to business health.
Prolexic clients have many advantages, one of which is PLXportal. Only Prolexic provides a customer portal with real-time data and analysis of your network perimeter. PLXportal’s detailed views can help you understand the difference between a surge in legitimate traffic and a DDoS attack. And you can even access PLXportal from your smartphone or tablet.
In PLXportal, you can:
- Watch and analyze denial of service attacks in real-time
- Quickly view the big picture with easy drill down to hundreds of metrics to see exactly what is happening – right now.
- Observe the DDoS protection activities that Prolexic DDoS mitigation experts are taking on your behalf.
Video: PLXportal – Sharp, up-to-the minute views of DDoS attacks and your entire network perimeter
Big data informs Prolexic customers in real-time
While most industry portals use batch processing and present aggregated DDoS attack data with lag time, Prolexic takes a different approach.
We built a low-latency, high-resolution data architecture to provide our customers with the industry’s most granular data in real-time. As a result, Prolexic customers watch DDoS events as they happen – and can respond more quickly.
For example, with PLXportal you can see:
- Views of real-time HTTP and HTTPS request patterns for live traffic
- Unified, timeline of changes associated with external sensors, monitoring, attacks and configurations
- A dashboard with converged views, so you can see relevant data all in one place
- Attack reports and threat intelligence
- Security Operations Center (SOC) alerts
- Configuration information
- Downloadable logs and stats
- Client-specific support information
- An online ticketing system for requests
See what’s happening on your network and ours – right now
PLXportal has been designed to be your go-to resource at any time – not only during emergency DDoS attack events. You can leverage the portal for:
- Soon after you contract DDoS protection services from Prolexic, you will be provided with secure access to PLXportal. After logging in, you can add and remove users, set up roles, and write and view service tickets. In fact, PLXportal is the perfect place to communicate with the Prolexic Provisioning team during onboarding.
- Analyzing DDoS attacks
- On PLXportal, we will provide details of the denial of service attack, our DDoS mitigation activities, as well as information about your network, how traffic is distributed, and a timeline of events, so you can make more informed decisions. Prolexic summarizes each attack in a detailed report, which is archived on PLXportal.
- Tracking legitimate traffic
- See what Prolexic is monitoring in support of your website. Use this information for capacity planning and to optimize the security of your Internet-facing infrastructure.
- Sharing information with law enforcement
- Sometimes, Prolexic can provide post-attack forensics to law enforcement agencies at your request. The information we share on your behalf is shown on PLXportal.
- Managing your account
- Review your configuration settings, add or change user privileges, create and review support tickets and upload SSL encryption keys for encrypted Layer 7 attack mitigation. PLXportal is command central.
The more you know about DDoS attacks – and how Prolexic protects you against them – the better you can manage the DDoS defense for your business. Use PLXportal to gain a more informed and proactive stance against DDoS denial of service attacks.
Want to learn more?
Download the PLXportal brochure to see how your network can benefit from the rich, real-time information provided in PLXportal. Then read how we have defended leading businesses from DDoS attacks in minutes in these DDoS mitigation case studies in the Prolexic Knowledge Center or call us at + 1 (888) 368 2923.
Fragrance and Beauty Products Retailer
A DDoS attack takes down this popular site for 24 hours. Prolexic restores in 5 minutes.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Leading Online Jewelry Retailer
A DDoS attack took down the site of a premier jewelry retailer for nearly three days.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Online Options Trading
Financial services firm avoids extortion attempt. Prolexic keeps web site up during vicious Layer 7 attack.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
When others couldn't mitigate the latest DDoS attack, a "daily deal" web site called Prolexic: problem solved in 2 hours.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
A Leading Content Rating Organization
A 9 million packets per second DDoS attack brings down web site before Prolexic steps in.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Spa and Wellness Firm
Prolexic quickly stops a combination Layer 4 and 7 DDoS attack after a host's mitigation capabilities falls short.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Prolexic mitigates GET flood in minutes for new client after Sunday night emergency call.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Web site building and hosting services firm
Prolexic mitigates Layer 4 UDP flood peaking at 6.2 Gbps. Protects 6 million Yolasites.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Online Movie Subscription Service
After seeing all traffic route to Prolexic, hackers pull the plug on DDoS attack.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
IPG Holdings Limited
Prolexic mitigates Layer 7 GET floods targeting payment processing platform.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Prolexic mitigates politically motivated attacks against web hosting company's clients.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Financial Services Firm Global eSolutions
Prolexic mitigates Layer 3, 4 and 7 attacks against Forex trading platform.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Krebs on Security
Prolexic fends off Pandora DNS amplification attacks for popular cyber security blog.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
e-Commerce Provider of Printed Promotion Items
Prolexic mitigates two-week Layer 7 DDoS attack campaign.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Global Blogging Site
Prolexic protects freedom of speech for 30 million users targeted by six-month political DDoS campaign.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Online Credit Card Site
Prolexic mitigates Layer 4 DDoS attacks against Ixaris site, EntroPay.com.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
e-Commerce Web Site
Prolexic mitigates 25-40 Gbps Layer 3 DDoS attacks against online auto parts retailer.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Timepieces e-Commerce Site
Prolexic keeps World of Watches ticking after DDoS attack flood site.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Prolexic mitigates 16-hour Layer 7 DDoS attack on software distribution site.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Henyep Capital Markets
Prolexic keeps Henyep accessible and trading through multiple SYN, GET and ICMP flood attacks.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Australia’s #1 Job Search Website
Prolexic keeps Seek.com.au online and incident-free for millions of job seekers.DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
e-Commerce Hosting Provider for Top Tier Sites
Prolexic keeps Americaneagle.com and its customers generating revenueDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Popular Online Betting Site Doesn’t Gamble with DDoS
Prolexic ensures Betstar’s online services are reliable and incident freeDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Customer ROI requires online accessibility and reliability
Prolexic ensures Clickpoint! Media's online services are available and incident-freeDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
University Federal Credit Union
Prolexic's mitigation services now protect credit union with US$1.6 Billion in assetsDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Prolexic mitigates 70 Gbps SYN flood DDoS attack for popular ink retailerDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Arab National Bank
Builds strong DDoS defense to serve online banking customers and e-trade siteDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
OnCourse Systems for Education
Prolexic succeeded where two other mitigation firms failedDOWNLOAD CASE STUDY >>
Akamai & Prolexic
Web Security & Data center protection for the evolving threat landscapeLEARN MORE >>
Ovum: The DDoS threat to banking
Why banks need both DDoS attack absorption and scrubbing for DDoS mitigationLEARN MORE >>
Q1 2014 Global DDoS Attack Report
Malicious actors choose reflection, not infection for DDoS attacksLEARN MORE >>